Prestige IAQ - low temp lock out for A/C ?

Started by Landonth, July 14, 2013, 09:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landonth

Hi guys I have a Prestige thermostat with IAQ EIM board and a RF out door temp sensor. I have just had a 3 ton A/C unit installed and all is working well. But I was told by the techs who installed the system to make sure I do not run the A/C compressor below 55'F or 13'C. Well I noticed last night the the system was kicking on the odd time with out over night outdoor temp being at 9'C. So I would like to set my Prestige to lock out the A/C compressor from starting if the temp is below 13'C to prevent damage. Problem is the techs have no idea how to program this controller and I had to assist them in just adding the cooling stage so the new system would work. Honeywell is telling me to contact the hvac company that did the work. So I am stuck in this loop of no help.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
Landon

Admin

As far as I know only the upper and lower indoor limits that can be set, there is no low ambient cut off option.  Who manufactures your AC?  They probably offer a low ambient contol that can be installed in your AC.  It would detect the outdoor temperature and prevent the AC from starting even if the thermostat told it to.

I use a Prestige 2.0 IAQ at home with the Redlink WIFI.  I really like the control.

There's really no reason the control couldn't have a low ambient option.  I'm not sure Honeywell didn't include one.