Assistance with new thermostat installation

Started by RGSMDNR, October 07, 2013, 04:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGSMDNR

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place (or forum) for this type of question... but hopefully someone can help me out. Im looking to install a new Honeywell IAQ thermostat. It says is can control heat/AC/ventilation etc....

My home is equipped with a ventilation fan that is set to run twice a day for an hour each time. Its main purpose I guess it to draw in fresh air and help with condensation build up in the winter. Id like to know if the honeywell can control this vent fan and assist with the humidity in the house. Im not expert when it comes to HVAC but feel very confident with wiring, relays etc.... Any help would be appreciated.

D

Admin

Do you have an HRV?  What model do you have ?  Is there a main control connected to it?

I have a Lifebreathe RNC155 and I use a Honeywell Prestige V2.0 IAQ controller, similar to yours.

The Honeywell controller has a set of dry contacts that controls the ventilation equipment.

The problem is the Honeywell can't control both the low and high speed fans in the HRV.  I attached a pic of how my HRV and Honeywell board are wired.  The 2 wires from the HRV simply connect to the 2 dry contacts on the Honeywell board, terminals U1 or U2.  I use the U1 terminals to control my humidifier and the U2 terminals to control my HRV.  I wired my HRV to always dehumidify, which is the same as high speed. I don't run the HRV in the summer anyways.  I think your Honeywell control will follow either ASHRAE presets or will let you input the size of the house and number of bathrooms etc.. This will dictate how often the HRV will ventilate.