SL 2000 duct smoke detector

Started by harshal, January 21, 2015, 09:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harshal

Has anyone install the above duct smoke detector?I was looking at the diagram but looks a bit confusing.Any tips.

Admin

I haven't used one myself.  What are you trying to do with it?  Is it being connected to a fire alarm control panel?  What type of system are you working with?  air handler, gas furnace, rooftop?

I found the SL-2000 instruction manual, and it's not the greatest.

Are you trying to stop the fan if the detector goes off?

It looks like you would wire a 24V source to terminals 9 and 10 on the detector.  You could use R and C as a source or install a new transformer.  Then you tie into G to interrupt the fan by wiring it in series to terminals 7 and 18 on the detector.  If the detector went off terminals 7 and 18 would open and stop the fan.

You could also interrupt a 120V or 230V fan motor.  Make sure the neutral wire goes to the 115 terminal and the hot wire goes to the H terminal if you're trying to stop a 120V fan motor.

Then you would just tie into the fan motor's neutral wire and connect it in series to terminals 7 and 18 on the detector.  The fan motor would stop running if the detector went off.

Is this a residential or commercial job?

harshal

Its residential job.i am trying to cut off the furnace in case the smoke comes off in the duct for whatever reason.I think that explanation will help me a lot.
Thx.

Admin

Good stuff!

You could also tie into R to kill the entire system or W to cut the heat.

harshal

Is someone use the duct smoke detector other than SL 2000?Some city has the bylaw requirement to install on the furnace for legal basement requirement.