Where can I buy fast-stat 3000 in Toronto?

Started by emmaps, May 22, 2016, 02:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmaps

Old house with 4 wires and finished basement.  Running 1 stage AC, 2 stage furnace and a smart t-stat.  Need 6 wires in total and discover the product from fast-stat.

I'm not a contractor..and nordic told me they only sell to wholesaler or I have to order from their web.

Try to look for local vendor.

Thx in adv

Admin

walker

I have purchased them from either Wolseley or Totaline can't remember which one, If you need one bad enough I have a couple extra ones you could buy off of me if you're willing to come to Mississauga

Sergroum

Totaline only sells to contractors. So they wouldnt sell it to a home owner.    I dont know about Wolsely. Probably the same.

You could buy it off a technician, or walk into pretty much any HVAC company office and ask to buy from there? I know my company always has some 3000s and 5000s laying around on the shelf. Of course they might suggest you to contact them afterwards, if you burn out a control board, or some such. 

walker

Have you been to Totaline or Wolseley lately  rarely are they asking to see any kind of license.

emmaps

Thx all.  I'm not in rush as I currently use the PEK from Ecobee.  I just want to connect the W2 for the next winter.  I'm now debating if I should get 3000 to get 6 wires for my 4 wire set up..or 5000 for 8 wires.  In that case, I can also connect my evaporative humidifier to ecobee and have another spare wire for future.  I'm more towards the 3000 as I doubt the ecobee will handle my humidifier effectively.

emmaps

BTW, I'm a bit curious if buying my local vendor will be more expensive than buying online from fast-stat directly.  They're selling USD$64.95+19 S/H + tax.

I also found a place in US seems can sell it to non-contractor.  Then I can ship to buffalo and pick it up to save the tax.

emmaps

I got quote from noble.ca and can buy from them locally.  No contractor requirement to buy.