Peaksaver

Started by walker, June 27, 2016, 10:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walker

Anyone know how to disable the 5 minute delay, such a pain in the ass waiting for 5 minutes every time I make a change to the wiring.

Admin

They use so many different versions of Honeywell it's hard to say if this will work.  On some models they don't have the option to disable the compressor protection.

Press the SYSTEM button then press and hold the 2nd and 4th blank buttons that appear on the bottom of the screen.

Scroll to option 0580.

QuoteCompressor Protection (Setup Function 0580): Forces the compressor to wait a few minutes before restarting, to prevent damage. During this time, the message "Wait" is on the display.

Quote0580 Compressor protection
Setting #5 - 5 minute compressor off time
[Other options: 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4-minute off time]

walker

Thanks I'll try that.

walker

how about disabling the delay for heat as well after a power up, some of them also delay the heat, or is that just a permanently built in.  such a waste of my precious time,  I usually just jumper R-W when Im working with one of these, but once and awhile I forget to remove the jumper after I leave.

Admin

I agree.  It always feels like an eternity LOL

I think you're right about the heat delay being built in.  I have never come across that option.  I think once power is restored there's a delay until it boots up and connects to the hydro companies server.