email

Author Topic: Can a 313d sign off hours for a 313d apprentice?  (Read 338 times)

Offline subzero_hc

• Pro Techâ„¢
Can a 313d sign off hours for a 313d apprentice?
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:30:07 PM »
I have a question about the 313d licence. Maybe its been addressed on here, but i can't seem to find an exact answer. Can someone with a 313d sign off on the hours for some who would like to take the course and write the exam?

Offline Porcupinepuffer

• Pro Techâ„¢
Re: Can a 313d sign off hours for a 313d apprentice?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
Are you talking about challenging the exam? What course are you talking about? If you're talking about the course at algonquin, I believe you need to be a registered apprentice in order to take it, which requires someone with a 313d to be sponsoring you while you get on the job experience and take their course in the 2 x 8 week requirements. If you're talking about hi-mark, it's just a crash course to brush up on your knowledge to help you if you've been approved to write and/or have failed the exam before and you want to pass.
You can only challenge the exam if you're certain you have met all the same requirements equivalent to someone who has done the apprenticeship. Which is 4500 hours in total.