dryer exaust

Started by oilman, January 13, 2017, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oilman

is there any code in the gas book to say how close can you be with the fresh air intake from the furnace to a dryer vent . the dryer is electric  not gas , the only thing I can  find is all about fresh air intakes in the houses  if there is a code I would  like to read it so I know what I need to do thanks for the help !!!!!!

Admin

For a commercial dryer you need 10' clearance from the dryer vent to fresh air intake.

QuoteClause 7.4.4 - A dryer shall be connected to a metal moisture-exhaust duct that terminates outdoors not less than 3 ft (1 m) from any pressure regulator vent termination and not less than 10 ft (3 m) from a fresh-air intake.

For a residential dryer you need 3'.

QuoteClause 7.5.2 - A moisture-exhaust duct shall not terminate within 3 ft (1 m) in any direction of any pressure regulator vent termination or fresh-air intake.

QuoteClause 8.3.7 - An air-supply opening shall not be located within 3 ft (1 m) of a moisture exhaust duct.
Note: A moisture-exhaust duct (e.g., a gas or electric clothes dryer discharge; spa exhaust) is considered to interfere with the combustion air intake when located within 3 ft (1 m) of the air intake.

oilman

thanks for that I found some of what you said but not all of them  ill move it next week