mymooresville

Author Topic: g3 exam... how many questions in actual exam  (Read 1253 times)

Offline wantboost

• Pro Tech™
g3 exam... how many questions in actual exam
« on: January 31, 2017, 12:29:55 AM »
how many question approx is the g3 examÉÉ

Offline toros

• Pro Tech™
Re: g3 exam... how many questions in actual exam
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:03:22 PM »
165. wrote it last year

Offline Porcupinepuffer

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:29:26 PM »
I retract my previous statement of "definitely not more then 135"  :banghead:

But I think it's 160. That number seems to ring a bell.

Offline Shane

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 03:18:09 PM »
Hi guys, My test was 160 question. I wrote it Febuary 16 2017

Offline Porcupinepuffer

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:12:10 PM »
And you passed with flying colors?

Offline Shane

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »
As of right now I only know I passed, I have not received anything in the mail yet. I called TSSA last week and set up my hands on test with them since I challenged the test. They actually came to my house for this today and I received my G3 by the end of the visit. THe inspector was very friendly and willing to help out explaining the questions

Offline bster352

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 02:39:21 PM »
As of right now I only know I passed, I have not received anything in the mail yet. I called TSSA last week and set up my hands on test with them since I challenged the test. They actually came to my house for this today and I received my G3 by the end of the visit. THe inspector was very friendly and willing to help out explaining the questions

Am I reading this correctly.... you must do a practical test with TSSA to get your G3?

Offline Porcupinepuffer

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 05:51:35 PM »
Yup. This isn't just for G3, I think it's for any of their oil or gas licenses. Maybe more.  The practical and theoretical (when you take the course) are actually done as two separate parts. You can take the course and pass the course but fail the practical portion. If so, you have to schedule to do the practical with the TSSA guy just like someone would if they challenged the exam. But when you take the course, the TSSA allows the teacher to do the practical with the course. If you challenge, you get to pay a good $400+ dollars for the cost of doing the practical as the cost of making a TSSA guy come to you. When I passed the practical I got the bill in the mail. Once it was paid they sent out the license. I found the guy was tough on me.

Offline Shane

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 06:09:19 AM »
TSSA charges $130 per hour plus a minimum 1/2hr travel charge. They were at my place for close to 2 hrs

Offline Minh le

• G2 Supporter
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 02:23:20 AM »
what was the question on gas 3 exam. can you post here?

Offline Ronniehvacr

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 01:56:53 PM »
Know your electrical, when voltage increases what happens to resistance etc. Know the ohms law , watts law. Be ready to do gas pipe sizing.

A lot of answers are in the definitions, and a lot are gas piping codes.

You should focus on code questions, and modules 1-9 from csa

Know class a class b class c and class f fire extinguishers purposes and colours. 5 marks

Offline tenletters

• 313D Supporter
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 08:58:17 PM »

Am I reading this correctly.... you must do a practical test with TSSA to get your G3?
Yes, they do if you do if you go to a school without an approved lab. If your school has an approved lab, there are no hands practical with them as it would be covered by the course and recorded by yourself and teachers.

Offline Minh le

• G2 Supporter
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 05:19:31 PM »
Tenletters. when the inspector came to your house, what questions they ask you for practical.

Offline tenletters

• 313D Supporter
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 11:35:47 AM »
I never had that. I went to a college with a tssa approved lab. There was no hands-on exam. My lab hours covered that. We just had the written test at the school.

Offline Minh le

• G2 Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 10:35:59 PM »
Hi Porcupinepuffer.
 what did they ask you to do on practical gas 3.i was studyding those question here. i think i pass challenge g3. i worry about practical. could you help. what tssa ask you do on practical. thanks.

Offline Porcupinepuffer

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 05:00:01 PM »
Hi Porcupinepuffer.
 what did they ask you to do on practical gas 3.i was studyding those question here. i think i pass challenge g3. i worry about practical. could you help. what tssa ask you do on practical. thanks.

I did the OBT3 practical with tssa. Not entirely sure what they may require for the g3. I do know he will want you to know the codebook well, the amendments, act, immediate, non-immediate hazards and those procedures... He'll ask CO questions, so you'll need to know proper combustion.