Electronic Tools

Started by Shane, March 02, 2017, 09:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Hi guys,

I'm just looking for suggestions on a few tools, I'm mot looking for the most expensive or cheapest, My preference would be a brand that I can have calibrated locally (GTA)

Manometer
combustion analyzer
multi meter
kango drill

Most of my refrigeration tools are yellow jackets as I mostly work in that trade but I'm making the transition to gas.

Please feel free to suggest any other tools that may be handy

Cheers

Shane

Admin

My TPi manometer has served me well, but my TPi flue gas analyzer is junk.

I prefer Fluke multi meters but Amprobe makes a good clamp on meter and it's less pricey.

Bosch or Milwaukee make good hammer drills.

Porcupinepuffer

For electronic testing tools, I love Fieldpiece. I feel like they actually pay attention to what real techs want and need in a tool. My SC640 multi-meter is my baby. it does everything and more. My dual port manometer from Fieldpiece is also fantastic. Does pressure switch testing, static pressure testing, gas pressure, etc...

For the Kango drills, the more you pay the stronger and bigger the drill gets, the faster the hole gets done. The most powerful I ever used was one from Makita. It had endless service hours and never broke down. It sucked back full amperage from a 15 amp socket, so you had to use a good quality extention cord and hope the customer didn't have a weak breaker for it.
I've used a smaller Bosch hammer drill that would take twice as long to make holes, never broke down or had any issues with it either. It was smaller in size/amps, and obviously smaller in the punch. An advantage with a weaker drill is that it  breaks out less of a mess when you're about to break through on the other side of the wall.
The Makita, on the otherhand, would break a good chunk of the concrete on the other side (maybe that's why the hole got done faster  ;D).

walker

I use a Testo manometer, its small light, and has a magnetic backing, I really like it.  Combustion analyzer I use a Bacharach, but its a piece of crap in my opinion, a lot of time it just doesn't work. Multimeter I use a fluke, never had a problem with it.  Rotary Hammer Drill I use a Hilti SDS Max.