Filling out gas tag confusion

Started by Porcupinepuffer, November 08, 2017, 04:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porcupinepuffer

I more often then not do re/re furnace swap outs and have a little bit of confusion about what to write on the tag.

For most of my scenario's: According to 6.22.4.1 and 6.22.4.2, I only need to do the test under 6.22.3 (e).

For writing out the tag under 6.22.6, they're still listing the exact same tag requirements as they would for all tests. My problem is where I'm still required to have something for (v) Test Pressure and (vi) Test Duration.

How can I be required to write something for test pressure and test duration on a soap test? I understand the test pressure and duration is directly related to the tables for pressure tests based on length, materials, and working pressure. I can't see how I could be required to write something in there. I would think writing down the supply pressure would make just as much sense as writing down a duration.

Admin

You don't always need to complete the pressure test.  Just write SOAP & DIAL TEST in that spot on the tag.

QuoteClause 6.22.6 - The person required to perform the pressure test specified in 6.22.2 or the leak test specified in 6.22.4 shall immediately thereafter attach a tag stating the following information to the piping, tubing system or an appliance in a readily accessible location protected from the environment: 
(i) Address of test; 
(ii) Contractor's name (if applicable, see note below)
(iii) Contractor's registration number (if applicable, see note below)
(iv) Date of test 
(v) Test pressure 
(vi) Test duration 
(vii) Total pipe length 
(viii) Pipe size 
(ix) Gas Technician name 
(x) Gas Technician certificate number and classification 
(xi) Statement: "DO NOT REMOVE" 

Note: The information required in 6.22.6(ii) and (iii) (contractor name and registration number) may be completed as "N/A" if the gas technician completing the test or his or her employer was not required to register as a contractor at the time the test was performed; e.g. a factory, hospital or university that employs maintenance staff with appropriate gas certificates. 

Porcupinepuffer

I remember my old boss used to write soap and dial, but with the way I read it, I don't see a requirement to do a dial test on an existing system.
6.22.4.2 says I can just jump down to 6.22.3 (e) , which is only a soap test.

NoDIY

Ultimately you are the last person on site. The last person to alter the supply line..

I'd recommend as good workmanship and to cover your butt.

Soap and manometer test and mark that on your pressure test tag.