Digital Manifold

Started by Shane, March 01, 2018, 08:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a new manifold set with wireless options, I'm looking for some feedback on the following brands if you have used them

Fieldpiece ( seems to be my preference so far?
Testo
Yellow jacket

Seems like field piece and testo have the most accerorires out of the 3. Also any feedback  if you have used the app for billing and reports.

Cheers

Shane

walker

I use fieldpiece sman 460's and digicools ak900's both are great, the fieldpiece have wireless capabilities with some addon hardware.  I also use the testo wireless probes for just checking charge and temps when no manifold is neccessary, which is most of the time nowadays.

Hvacpimp

My buddy uses the testo gauges and says he always has to get them recalibrated. It's a design flaw by testo. Higher pressures screw them up appearantly. Keep in mind his are a couple years old ad testo has now corrected the situation appearantly. In my books, you can't go wrong with yellow jacket!

walker

I'm pretty much using just the Testo smart probes and fieldpiece probes now.  Haven't even touched my digital gauges yet this year.

rmuntz

We always used the Testo and were always happy with them. The first generation had an issue with the hooks breaking off. They would fix it, for free, but you had to bring it to a repair depot which was 1 1/2 hr drive for me, so coat hanger it was.
I've never heard of them having to be re-calibrated, but they will reprogram the older versions with the new refrigerants.

walker

Still need some some gauges?  I have a brand new set of SMAN360 for sale.

honeyy_holer

i'm doing some homework on them myself at the moment.

i've narrowed it down to 3 brands. fieldpiece, navac, and yellow jacket digital gauges. still havent pulled the trigger yet. was hoping to hear more input from some folks here

samihabib

Testo all the way ..I have port digital gauges and the manifold ..used fieldpiece and will still choose testo

honeyy_holer

Quote from: samihabib on March 25, 2024, 10:23:26 PMTesto all the way ..I have port digital gauges and the manifold ..used fieldpiece and will still choose testo
what are some key highlights you like about testo over their competitors??