clearence to a gas meter.

Started by plott hound, April 22, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plott hound

I just bought a generac standby generator for myself and i'll be damned if I can find the distance from the generator to the meter vent.is it 9ft,the same as a propane regulator?

thanks

Admin

The distance required form a propane regulator outlet vent to a source of ignition is 10'. (Any part of appliance)

With natural gas we only need 3', or 1' if there is an OPCO regulator installed.  See table 5.2 attached.

With both propane and natural gas the generator's exhaust vent would have to be 3' from the regulator vent outlet, or 1' if an OPCO regulator were installed.

plott hound

thanks admin,that will save me a lot of money on wiring.you da mang! ;D

Porcupinepuffer

Was once on a job where a customer was trying to decide which side of his house to put the natural gas generator... He purchased a generator sized to power the whole house. Long house (100' from one end to the other). Electrical panel at one end, gas meter at the other. Pick your poison, Sir!

Attavior

In union gas territory distance from the reg to the appliance is measured to the appliance itself, whatever portion of the appliance is closest to the reg (disconnect, cabinet, exhaust.....).  No sure if enbridge views it the same way.  Just an FYI.

plott hound

my location is good,gas and hydro meter on the same side of house.should be easy peasy right in the middle.

bster352

Quote from: Attavior on April 22, 2018, 05:44:54 PM
In union gas territory distance from the reg to the appliance is measured to the appliance itself, whatever portion of the appliance is closest to the reg (disconnect, cabinet, exhaust.....).  No sure if enbridge views it the same way.  Just an FYI.

Yes, same with Enbridge.