Certified Electronics EBg Tech looking to get a G3

Started by tfab, May 15, 2018, 10:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfab

Hello Evryone!
I have been a certified electronics eng technologist for 35 years and (for work purposes) I am looking to get my G3 certification.  Any help that you can provide to me would be amazing.  I have worked with a certified g1 friend of mine many times so I am not completely green, but I want to challenge the g3 test.  My understanding is that it is loaded with code stuff more than anything else, any direction would be appreciated...obviously I don't need any electrical help, just information on where to get information.

Thanks all!

harshal

Call to mark at Toronto.they can advise you or check tssa.org

Porcupinepuffer

It has lots of electrical questions and some basic resistor diagrams where you need to do some calculating. As long as you know your E/ I x R and P/ I x E  formula's, you shouldn't have issues with those questions.

Pipe sizing diagrams, and knowing how to use the correct tables for those questions will be a major asset. You can get a lot of those questions wrong by simply being on the wrong set of tables in the codebook.

Minh le

for g3. learn all question on here. know fire extinghish. know electrical calculation. know pipe zise . then pass g3 . no problem. but I fail practical hand on. they ask me how to purge category 4 furnace.(with thermocouple) I ues annex h to furge .but he said a hose to short, how do I purge out side? anyone help me purge on that.

Minh le

if anyone send me a video. how to purge gas. I would appreciated.

Admin

I don't have a video but you can use an approved purging assembly as described in Annex H of the B149.1-15.

Or just keep resetting the furnace power switch until the gas valve purges out the air each time it attempts to ignite.  Usually a furnace will cycle the ignitor 3 times before locking out, at which point you must reset the furnace power.  The TSSA inspector cannot fault you for doing this, even though it can take awhile.

Keep in mind you can only purge indoors if the gas piping is 1" or less, and alot of residential homes have 1-1/4" piping, so you would need to purge outdoors.

Minh le

my pipe size 3/4. lmr 175'. furnace 75000 btu. if I ues annex H to purge indoor. inspector ask. how many second?

NoDIY