help my trane xe 1000

Started by randy lee, August 19, 2007, 03:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy lee

I have a trane xe 1000

My fan works but the ubit outside does not...they were both working fine until we had a very hard rain. The blower in the basement got wet and blew  5 AMP FUSE, i replaced it and it works fine but the outside ubit will not work at all. Is there another fuse i can look at or a reset button? I checked all breakers and they are fine.

TECH X

Do you normally run the indoor fan continuously?  I would turn the thermostat to fan setting AUTO, and turn the system from cool to OFF.  If the fan stops, then it's likely the 24V circuit is good.  If the indoor fan keeps running, then there is an open switch inside the furnace on the 24V side, or a possible bad board or thermostat.

Now turn the thermostat fan setting to ON, and switch it back to COOL, and lower the temperature setpoint below room temperature.

The indoor fan should start running, there may be a slight delay, depending on the furnace model. 

There is only a 240V double breaker inside the fuse panel that may have to be reset.  There is no other fuse like the one you replaced in the furnace.

If you can verify 240V at the outside unit, then you may have a bad capacitor or contactor in the a/c unit.

If the board in the furnace got wet, you may have a lot of intermittent problems.  It may dry and start working, but I would have someone verify the heating side of the sytem is working safely.

Sounds like you have a 24V problem.  You can take the panel off the outisde unit, and manually push in the contactor, just to see if there is power. 
Use a stick to push it in, nothing metal. ;)