HVAC clamp meter

Started by HVACJOE, February 24, 2008, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVACJOE

I just picked up the fluke 902 clamp meter designed for hvac, and have been very impressed with it, its the best meter I have found for our purposes, it covers everything required, microfarad, temp, diode, amp clamp, dc micro amp, volt,ohm etc. just thought I would post it and recommend it

Northernfitter

I just bought the amprobe 14fvx or whatever the new number is.  It was $130.  I wasn't pleased to be spending any money even at that price seeing as I had just bought the tpi clampon 4 months ago and lost the adaptor for microamps and can't seem to find it anywhere now.  When all is said and done though it covers everything I need.

ProTemp

My advice when purchasing a multi meter. STAY AWAY FROM METERS THAT NEED ATTACHMENTS!!! A good meter should do all without them. All you need are the probe leads that come with it. If other attachments are required (for microamps and millitvolt) don't buy it....just my 2 cents...lol

HVACJOE

I agree, thats what I like about the fluke, the only attatchments are temp probes (which you would require for any temp. meter) I was just impressed with its basic style and all the functions necessary for hvac maintenance and repair

HVACguy72

I have had a Fluke 902, got rid of it.  Fieldpiece is my only choice now.  I got the HS36 and it spanks the Fluke hands down.  902 does not even do mV???????  What the hell.

moenaboulsi

Congrats on your new meter. I was working with a fluke 116, nothing wrong with it, it just didn't have everything I needed. I switch to a fieldpiece h36.  It seems to be a good all around meter. I like the fact that is has a magnet,comes with the clamp accessory an you can add more accessories and it has a type k plug in on the meter. I know fluke is solid but I heard a lot about fieldpiece so iam gonna try it out.