Rinnai Tankless and York Furnace

Started by johnt2_2002, May 10, 2009, 05:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnt2_2002

Hi, Ive recently installed a Rinnai R94lsi tankless unit and York Two-stage variable speed blower furnace. Just curious if anyone has one and your reviews/thoughts on both units. I would also like to know what the acceptable CO reading is at the vent termination for the tankless unit. Thanks

Admin

Both are very efficient pieces of equipment.  I've installed Rannai, Navien and Baxi tankless heaters.  I've gotten very few service calls since I've been installing them.  Only one real legitimate appliance problem, it was a circulation pump failure on a 5 year old Baxi unit.  The Rannai is a good Japanese engineered product.  I've can recently remember taking CO readings on a BAXI unit during a propane conversion.  23 PPM was my highest reading.  I wouldn't be worried with anything under 50 PPM.

I've never been a fan of the York furnace, just as far as servicing goes.  They are reliable though, and you can't go wrong with a 2 stage variable speed furnace.  Just make sure you adjusted the cooling fan dip switches for A/C operation.  It's the biggest problem I see with any manufacturer, the installer forgets to adjust the cooling speed based on the size of the air conditioner.  The default setting usually supplies way too much air flow, and the continuous air flow speed is usually based on a percentage of the cooling speed.