R410A Operating Costs

Started by scarey8, September 22, 2009, 07:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarey8

I work for a very high pressure sales minded heating and air condtioning company REPLACE REPLACE REPLACE, many things I have been told to relay to customers I do not agree with.  The management within the company I work with tends to be people with little or no back ground in the field and the structure and direction of the company is handed down and blindly delivered.  Sounds dangerous doesn't it lol.   My question is with respect to retro fit installations of ACs from R22 to 410A.  No doubt 410A is the refrigerant of the future for the environmental reasons,  my concern is telling customers a switch from R22 10 SEER to R410A 14 SEER will save customers up to 40% in energy bills.  Not completely understanding how this is possible,  taking out a R22 system that requires a 20 AMP breaker and installing a new 410A system and installing a 30AMP breaker.  How can an appliance that draws more amperage save money during its operation????   

Admin

Yeah, I'm not sold on the 410a equipment either.  I always understood a 14 seer 410a system is the same efficiency as a R22 14 seer system.  The 410a refrigerant is a more efficient gas but that's about it.
Checkout this post - Here
R22 will be around until at least 2030.