Lifebreath 155MAX

Started by bmkaer, September 28, 2013, 10:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmkaer

Hi experts,
I just found out our HRV (Lifebreath 155MAX) doesn't stop even if I set at 20ON/40OFF.
Then I found there is no difference if I change the fan speed. It must be the speed control
malfunctioning? How hard is it to get fixed? Thanks very much for your reply.

Kaer

Admin

Double check your main wall control settings and make sure you're not running on a programmed mode.  Also make sure you don't have a dehumidify option enabled, which can force the HRV into high speed continuous operation until the humidity is reduced.

HRV's can only remove humidity when the outdoor humidity is lower than the indoor humidity.  It's best to not use the HRV in summer months.

The other problems could be with either the wiring, wall control or control board.  You can unplug the HRV and remove the low voltage wires and plug it back in.  Let the HRV start and stop for the first minute after plugging it in, while it's running a self test mode.  If the motor continues to run, there may be a problem inside the HRV.  If the fan stops a problem with either the wiring or wall control could exist.

The wiring is pretty straight forward on the wall control and HRV.  Just unplug the HRV before you touch any wires.

bmkaer

Hi,

Thanks so much for your quick reply and super advice. It is because the dehumidistat was turned on upstairs.

You are the best!

Kaer