Oil Burning Equipment Codebook

Started by Porcupinepuffer, August 31, 2015, 03:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porcupinepuffer

So looking to challenge the super fancy OBT-3. There doesn't seem to be much information laying about as to what codebooks are required, while the CSA website makes it a little more confusing. I can get learning material and have crap tons of experience working with oil.
So on the CSA website, I'm believe it's the B139 series. They seem to have the new 2015 edition out that supersedes all the old ones.
Only real issue I'm having is that the website shows several of them. I'm assuming the 09 is just another old version, and that's why it's cheaper. But then there's the 06 that more specifically states Ontario in it's name. Which leads to the other issue of not seeing amendments for Ontario with oil for the new codebook?   I'm on the fence between the 06 Ontario code, or the latest 2015 one?
I also noticed all the new codebooks are available for gas and propane. Yay! I can go throw my 2 year old gas ones in the garbage and spend almost $400 on new ones :D

Admin

The B139.1-06 with Ontario Amendments FS-202-12 is the legal Code book.  It could be awhile before the 2015 Code is adopted in Ontario.

http://www.hvactechgroup.com/hvacforum/index.php?topic=1542.msg4250#msg4250

Porcupinepuffer

Thanks. I guess I need to brush up on my searching skills. On another note, I got a ridiculously insane deal on the codebook and all the learning material for both obt2/3. I thought for sure it was a scam, and I was likely going to be raped or murdered, but I guess some people just don't realize what some stuff is worth.  ;D 

walker

I think I have mine laying around somewhere.  I got licensed and still have never touched an oil burner haha.