Clause 4.24.4

Started by walker, March 06, 2016, 07:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walker

Ran in to a call today where a previous tech had red tagged the furnace as 4.24.4 excessive CO production.

I've never seen this code before and its not in my code book or amendments.

Now normally when I find a furnace in this condition I would just tag it as 4.5.2 and be on my merry way.

There wasn't any excessive CO to begin with,  when I arrived it was a 2yr old Amana AMVC95 with 68ppm production, with a slight manifold adjustment I had it down to 40ppm, very typical reading I find on these Amana's.

Anyways is this 4.24.4 clause a new code from the 2015 book and has the new 2015 code even been adopted yet in Ontario?  Or was this tech just mistaken on the clause reference?

M.Vos

Sounds like a Reliance tech was out. I went to a furnace they were on and the tech told home owner that his mid efficient furnace had a bad secondary lmao.........I just replaced the thermostat and the problem was solved. But I have never heard of that code and would have just done what you said.

walker

Some of their techs are an absolute joke.

It was one of their sub contractors that was out there and not an one of their in house techs.

The subs are even worse, I've personally seen one show up in a Toyota Matrix wearing flip flops and ask the customer to borrow their screwdrivers lol. What a joke.

Admin

Weird, the B149.1-10 Clause 4.24 is about odorization of propane.

walker

Yep it doesn't exist.  I'm chalking it up as a rookie mistake.