1993 Elitair Magik Fan

Started by Loon, December 05, 2017, 09:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Hi,

I've tried to scour the net looking for a replacement for this fan but I can't seem to find one, my father in law believes the fan is toast, the thing turns but offers a decent amount of resistance (to my amateur hands) and when he tried hooking it up to 120v ac on a cord he could not get it to turn. The 3 wires give resistance readings of 50? Black-Blue, 50? Brown-Blue, and 100? Black-Brown. The unit used to work fine, but recently, when the unit got a signal to draw air only one of the fans would cut in, and the other one would not. I do not have a technical manual for the unit, and cannot find one online. I was wondering if there is anything else I should be troubleshooting? Is this a fan I can get a replacement or equivalent replacement for? (I will attach pictures)

Thanks

Admin

That company Environment Air Limited is likely out of business.  It sounds like you've ruled out issues with the other components inside the HRV by applying 120 V directly to the motor.  It sounds like it's seized and needs to be replaced.  I would just replace the HRV but you might be able to match up a universal motor that will work.