Gmh95045

Started by jamie, January 08, 2018, 01:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie

This goodman furnace is really driving me nuts. Checked all drains for blockage and vent pipe. Runs for a few days shuts down to excessive retries. Hot surface lights board clicks and burners lights. When it doesn't work the HSI lights up board clicks and no burners light at all..I'm thinking gas valve be faulty? Or the board. But it's just odd it runs for a day then just shuts off and locks out. I'm beside it now. Its cycled on and off 4 times and normal operation. Any ideas?

Admin

I agree with you, it definitely seems to be an issue with either the gas valve or control board.    Normally I would say an intermittent problem with the board is more likely than with the gas valve but the click that you describe sounds like the gas valve getting voltage.  You need to catch it failing again and see if the board is actually sending 24V to the gas valve.

jamie

Yeah I think so...10 times straight it has lit and been through normal operation haha. Now it won't want to fail again

walker

check for sagging in vent which only becomes a problem during a long run cycles like what would have happening in the last week.

Admin

I was thinking it may be a pressure switch problem.  They sometimes cause the excessive retries lockout.  With last weeks cold weather, the condensate may have been freezing inside the venting before it had a chance to drain back to the furnace.

jamie

I changed board under warranty and it was fine  since last time I posted. Now apparently it is doing the same thing again. it's hard to catch the issue because it normally works. Its hard to jumper a pressure switch when 5% of the time it locks out

harshal

I think it has 2 pre switches ,the one is on the left of the furnace ,it hose attached to the collector box and the one on right has the hose connect to vent motor.sometimes I pulled the hose from the collector box and found the condensation in the hose then u have the issue with the draining of the condensation ,sometimes the switch is faulty,u can always check the fault code from the com.i have replaced a lots of switches.clean the sensor as well else it will retries and goes in lockout.

walker

I bet there's a venting problem.