Pipe threader

Started by harshal, February 19, 2016, 08:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harshal

I am exercising the option of buying the power threader.does anyone own the threader?how useful it is?Before buying i want to make sure that its worth investing in.Any thoughts?

Porcupinepuffer

If you don't do any piping and have no need for threaded pipes, it's not very useful :D

Do you do any new meter installs? Only you can know if you really need one or not. I can't imagine for a second it would be difficult to sell if you found it wasn't worth the investment. So long as you kept it in great condition and didn't lose any parts.

Viperi

im in the market for a pipe threader . I use to use Rigid. is there any other name brands out there that is just as reliable but cheaper?

walker

I'm also interested in getting one, not sure what one would cost, but it sure would make some piping/install jobs cheaper being to able to custom cut and thread my own black pipe instead of trips to home depot to have them do it or using gas-tite, those fittings keep getting more and more expensive.

Mmtc79

Try the wheeler Rex side kick great small units and work well self oiler ect

walker

I bought a cheap manual one, so far it's done the job, it's slower than using CSST, but it's incredibly cheaper and boosts my profit margin.

Porcupinepuffer

Quote from: walker on October 07, 2017, 03:29:33 PM
I bought a cheap manual one

Not motorized? You thread the dies around the pipes by hand?

walker

Yeah I have a pipe stand and a ratchet threader, it's not very hard at all to takes about 1-2 minutes for each thread.

Hvacpimp

If all your doing is gas piping than go with the rigid 300. If it's for here and there with nothing too major 1" pipe max and not too much of it, rigid 600. I have bad experiences with the other brands. Only you can know if u need a threader or not.

rmuntz

We had the small Ridgid, handheld, power threader. It always worked fine for the minimal amount of piping we did.