Mini-Split Recommendation

Started by Jorgebaloy, July 30, 2018, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorgebaloy

I'm thinking of installing a couple of cooling only mini-splits for the first and second floor in my own home and was wondering what brand you would recommend based primarily on your personal experience with the service and repair aspect of them?

Sergroum

Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, and Daikin are relatively similar in terms of reliability. I would go for whichever one that offers you 12 years warranty on parts. For most of them to get 12 years, means the technicians had to pass an orientation class on the systems. Which isnt very difficult, or convoluted, but at least it shows that the installer have put in some effort into learning what he's doing.

There is a number of them that give you only 1 year warranty, or 5 years warranty. My personal advice is to pass on that. Very often with ductlesses, a replacement part is verrreh pricey.

DaveP

Mitsubishi pretty much exclusively here, service calls are virtually non existent.  As said lots of units out there, less expensive, and less warranty. 

Hvacpimp

I would go with the Mitsubishi. From past installation experience on all of the brands mentioned above, the Mitsubishi just seemed to me like it was an all and all better looking/built unit.