Trane CHHB of 100-ton

Started by Buddyhughes, November 28, 2018, 04:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddyhughes

Hi All,

I have a Trane CHHB of 100-ton with the fan guards, for past couple of weeks, it ran into some sort of problem :-\. After doing some detailer check I did find out the problem circuit B has a bad check valve. When the compressor shuts down you can hear the backwards whine as the HP surges through the compressor spinning it backwards. I am sure that this is not good for the compressor and would like to replace the check valve. Not much luck finding a parts breakdown. So can I pump the compressor down, remove the front plates after closing the valves and not have to do any brazing? Looks pretty straight-forward but I would rather know what to expect so the easy job doesn't turn into a giant turd. Should I be informing some commercial heating service fix it or is it easily done by myself? Is the check valve built into the big plate? Will I have to move the compressor?  Is it easy to access just behind the 6 bolt flange plate?

rmuntz

Call a licensed refrigeration mechanic. If the compressor gets damaged, that's a $65,000 repair.