Furnance Air Filter

Started by virg9454a, November 30, 2018, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

virg9454a

Hi, I just paid to get a new GoodMan 2 stage furnace installed.  The location the installer put the furnace filter is in a location that is 24  by 24 inches in the return, and the air filter is 16  by 24 inches.  So there is 6 by 24 that of the return which can flow directly to the furnace without going through the filter.

I have been told that the filter is required to prevent dirt to accumulate in the furnace, is this an acceptable installation?

Thanks

Admin

The filter should cover the entire return air opening.  I'm not sure how he connected a 16x24" filter rack to a 24x24" duct without a transition.  Can you attach a picture?

walker

Quote from: Admin on November 30, 2018, 09:31:48 AM
The filter should cover the entire return air opening.  I'm not sure how he connected a 16x24" filter rack to a 24x24" duct without a transition.  Can you attach a picture?

Can't wait to see a picture of this setup

NoDIY

Quote from: walker on December 01, 2018, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: Admin on November 30, 2018, 09:31:48 AM

Can't wait to see a picture of this setup

me too

Porcupinepuffer

Sergroum

This made me laugh.

Although, things dont really sound logical. Was that a 24x24 boot? I never seen such a thing. The height of the boot would be higher then the blower compartment, or wider then the furnace area if horizontal. 20x24, I would understand, but 24x24? Makes no sense.

OP, sorry, pics are needed. Otherwise what you say feels completely and totally out of whack. Either you're mistaken somehow, or ... or something truly hilarious happen. Truthfully? I think you're mistaken somewhere.