G3 Practical Exam

Started by vq35de, August 18, 2019, 05:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vq35de

Hey guys,

I am learning my dad's trade of appliance repair tech, and obviously need a gas license to work on stoves and dryers. So, I have taken the online course at george brown college and am writing my g3 theory exam in 2 days. Wish me luck!

So the next step is the practical exam. Since i have never worked on a gas furnace or any gas appliance before for that matter, does anyone have any recommendations as to what i need to know how to do for the exam. I took the three day practical preparation course at george brown, it was somewhat helpful as i now know how to cut and thread pipes. Also learned how to do some basic stuff on a furnace. But the prof seemed like he was always in a rush so we were always out of there quick. I asked as many questions as i could, but this was back in july so not all of it stayed with me. Wrote as many notes as i could as well.

I know cutting and routing pipe is probably fair game so i'll practice that, flaring copper as well i will practice. Theres an old furnace of some kind just sitting in our garage, i guess i can play around with that and check out the components, wiring etc. Any other suggestions on what i should know how to do perfectly for the exam?

Thanks guys!

vq35de

Thank you for your reply.

My other question would be, i need to take part of the g2 course for domestic appliances, modules 11-16. Is there a place you would know that offers these modules? And online? I live in a small town up north so it would be difficult to drive down south to take a course. I am searching online as well to see what i can do.

Thanks