old rheem furnace

Started by evad, September 06, 2007, 09:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evad

I am attempting to locate a gas valve for a rheem furnace. model # rgla-100c-er  serial # cn3d104-f4987-7816. The old gas valve is leaking and I am looking to replace it with a new or equivalent part. I also need schematics for this unit. can any body point me in the correct direction?

Side note. the furnace is from 1986. its going to be replaced in a couple years with a entire new system. its 100,000 btu . the heat exchanger was replaced on it about 8 to 10 years ago. it only needs to last a few more years.thank you for the responses.

Ron

Gas valve replacement.  Should not be a problem.  However tell me.  How old is this furnace.  How efficient is it.  I have seen this problem before.  Customer replaces gas valve.   A few months later a new fan motor is required.  The ignition problem and furnace quits mid-winter.  The customer tells me,  Why didn't you price me a new furnace 92% efficient (or better) with full 10 year parts and labour warranty.  So then they choose the new furnace and want me to buy back the gas valve and the fan motor.  NO I am not kidding.

Ron HVAC/R

TECH X

Schematics are hard to come by, unless your a Rheem dealer.  The gas valve can be replaced with any universal gas valve.  Honeywell makes a good intermittent pilot/standing pilot valve P/N VR8345M4302 - Here

This is the recommended part to replace that Rheem gas valve - Here

As far as wiring goes, just ask, it's a very simple circuit.

acefurnacefixer

Quote from: evad on September 06, 2007, 09:52:37 AM
I am attempting to locate a gas valve for a rheem furnace. model # rgla-100c-er  serial # cn3d104-f4987-7816. The old gas valve is leaking and I am looking to replace it with a new or equivalent part. I also need schematics for this unit. can any body point me in the correct direction?

Before you spend to much money on a boat anchor, have you inspected the heat exchanger closely? Just about every old rheem i run across, is close to being scrap metal.

But if you insist on repairing the old girl....I can hook you up with a 3 wire valve acefurnacefixer@gmail.com