308/r challenging

Started by Splender2, December 09, 2021, 05:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splender2

Hey there I finally got accepted to challenge my 308r in January, however I have no Idea where to start when it comes to studying. If anyone has any information on what to look at or review let me know. Thanks !

Ac226

I just challenged the test 2 weeks ago any got my results a couple days ago, and passed!
I would say know how to read blueprints and know the symbols. I had I think 9 different blueprints.
Know how to install and how hrv's work and outside clearances.
How to duct a humidifier
Dryer venting
I had no complicated math just some basic stuff like. If you need to run 50' with 5'' pipe that are 5' how many lengths would you need
There were 100 questions
I read through the smacna manual and the Ontario building code and I don't think that helped me at all
The best thing I did was just read through the training standard and go of that
Also lots of safety know you guardrail heights and differences between fall arrest and fall restraint

Splender2

Perfect! Congratulations on passing I hope I can say the same in a month! What do they ask you about blueprints? I know different designers use different symbols and have seen a few different Ones. I appreciate the response any more info would be fantastic also.

Ac226

Sorry for the late reply. You just have to count supply and return runs on different floors of a house. Also hrv exhaust and supply runs on different floors so you need to be able to tell when a duct is rising up or dropping down.