Inducer assembly

Started by mnews, November 08, 2022, 12:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnews

Hey guys

Wondering if anybody here could give me some advice. One of the bearings on my inducer has rusted and is on the way out. The only reason it's still running is I keep spraying it with lubricant. I've taken it out, disassembled it and got stuck at the end. I took the set screw out of the impeller fitting but can't figure out for the life of me if it unthreads or punch and hammer it out or how to take the impeller off the shaft. If anybody could offer any insight that'd be great. I'd really like to replace a 5 dollar bearing instead of a 400 dollar assembly. Picture attached.

PXL_20221108_022515633.jpg

tenletters

it's designed to be replaced in full.
https://www.hvactechgroup.com/hvacforum/index.php?topic=2742 - Free Online Tech Course - HVAC Basics

Sergroum

I was always told that the moment you pop the casing, it'll lose certification. I made sense, so I never really looked into it.

I do notice that with shortage of parts, more thorough repairs has become more common.

mnews

These are not the answers I wanted haha, but thank you for the replies.

samihabib

Four items you cannot repair on a furnace , due to warranty and safety issues. Circuit board, inducer motor , gas valve , and Heat exchanger

Porcupinepuffer

This might be one of these setups where the assembly is aggressively pressed together and impossible to use a puller on to try and remove. It also may have been put together before the final casing around the inducer housing is glued to it. Unless you're prepared with another option, be ready to have this destroyed if you're hellbent on getting it apart. If it was my personal furnace, I'd be trying to replace every tiny little part I can get my hands on. Regardless of warranty. Safety would still be a consideration. :D