Author Topic: Trane xv95 furnace question  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Lady Di

Trane xv95 furnace question
« on: September 17, 2010, 07:19:02 AM »
Had the above model installed in my home yesterday, and the technician told me I should leave the Fan running in continuous ON mode as opposed to AUTO.  Personally I feel this is a waste of energy since we are gone most of the day.  Is there any advantage/disadvantage of leaving the fan ON?  If I choose to use the AUTO mode, will it do any harm to the furnace?.  The technician said having the fan kick on/off is harder on it than leaving it run. I would appreciate any comments/suggestions anyone could offer. Thank you.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
Re: Trane xv95 furnace question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »
It's a variable speed motor and uses very little electricity.  The continuous fan should run at a low speed and will help eliminate hot and cold spots in your home as well it will increase filtration and improve indoor air quality.  I would leave it on 24/7, however leaving it in auto mode will not damage the motor.  Some newer thermostats have a fan circulation mode as well as auto and on, and it cycles the continuous fan intermittently.
You paid big bucks for the variable speed fan and should take advantage of it.  Don't forget to clean the furnace filter!

Offline Lady Di

Re: Trane xv95 furnace question
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 04:18:54 AM »
Thank you, that makes perfect sense.