Olsen Direct Vent Oil Furnaces Recall

Started by Admin, February 16, 2015, 09:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Download the Olsen Direct Vent Oil Furnaces Recall - Here

slo-115

Since ecr packed up shop and moved down south there has been a pile of wiring concerns. I have caught several units wired incorrectly from the factory, and of those units the wiring diagram on the blower door isn't correct for furnace. Other problems include a 3 pin molex connecting to a 4 pin, then having to hack into the harness and field wire the 4th wire to the burner externally. Two furnaces that showed up with the pressure switch tube connected to the top burner bolt instead of the actual male port that extends into the front breech. Several emails to olsen and we got the classic answer "your the first ones in north America to have those problems" I guess it takes a house to soot up or the occupants to die of CO poising before a recall is issued. Its a real shame as most true oil guys loved bcl-120s and bmls we have a ton in the field.Now I keep it in Canada and only install grandy/ kerr oil furnaces cant beat the higher efficiency and better price point not to mention I don't have to play manufacture and finish the internal wiring in the homeowners basement