Help with Lifebreath 155 max, unit not running.

Started by davydobee, November 16, 2012, 07:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davydobee

The main control on the wall is blank, and the bathroom timers, the light don't come on then button is pressed. The unit will do self test, 5 fan speeds, the damper will move but doesn't come back to the start position??

scarey8

I would say start by checking your polarity, new hrvs I have found are polarity sensitive like most furnaces.  if that checks out, start comfirming your low voltage, remove the main wall control and bring it to the hrv and wire it to the hrv using a piece of wire to confirm if its your low voltage wires or indeed the unit.  everything gets wired on R G B all push buttons and controls end up in the same spot,  good luck

Admin

Also check inside the HRV and make sure nothing is preventing the damper from functioning.
It sounds like your problem is in the HRV itself and not at the controls or line voltage wiring.  I think that model operates on 12V DC.  I would test the Auto Transformer.  It's probably that or the control board itself.

davydobee

Thanks, I will try moving the control. I was watching the damper move with side door open, can't be that easy!! I will let you know
Thanks David

fredz89

I have the exact same problem with mine. Is it working now davydobee ? (And if it is working, what did you do to make it work)

fredz89

Hmm I read the first post once again, my damper goes back to the original position though.

Basicly, I plug it in, it does the self-test. Then nothing, I set it to VENT at the highest speed and nothing. Also, i have 2 bathroom timers not working (i push the button and there's no light coming on).

Also, there's a small clicking noise every 5-10 seconds that occurs after the self-test.

Any ideas ?

Admin

Open the door or unplug the unit so there's no power and disconnect the low voltage wires at the HRV.  Install a jumper wire across RED and ON.  Then install a jumper wire across RED and HI.  Now power up the unit and wait until the HRV is done it's self test.

If the HRV starts to run on high speed your problem is most likely with the control wiring or the control itself.

If it doesn't run then look at the HRV control board or transformer as the problem.

The fresh air from outside damper should be closed when the HRV is in standby mode.  If you unplug the unit or open the door it should move in between positions.