Lifebreath 155 max won't run.

Started by ozzy239, November 02, 2014, 03:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzy239

my 10 year old lifebreath has stopped working.  I unplugged it for more than the recommended 30 seconds, plugged it back in and it doesn't do the self test.  On the fan speed panel all I can get is a flashing red light.  I left all the dials the way they have always been, I had turned the dial on the upstairs control to off for the summer now it won't turn back on.

Any ideas??

Admin

Unplug the HRV and open the door and reach in and spin the blower wheels by hand.  It could be that the motor is seized.

ozzy239

Admin

Well regardless of the wiring and controls, the HRV should perform the self test.  The damper should move and the motor should cycle thru the different speeds.

The red flash codes on the HRV are as follows,

QuoteSelf-Test - The red light blinks 13 times to indicate a self-test; two seconds on, one second off.

Normal Operating Mode - The red light flashes to indicate normal operating mode; two seconds on, 9 seconds off. When adjusting fan speeds the red light is off.

I'm not sure what kind of controller you have, but if that's what's flashing red it might indicate the HRV is in defrost mode.  It's possible the temperature sensor inside the HRV is bad, or you could have a faulty control board.  I have seen the 155 models with and without a defrost element.