VanEE help!

Started by Habsfan1, September 22, 2015, 02:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habsfan1

Hey guys.

So I have a Vanee 3000 HE model air exchanger in my house. I do not believe it is currently working as I've tried to turn it on and off using the override buttons, main control and even by jumpers on the control board, all of this provided me with no noise, noise visual motor movements. When i jumper the OC/OL contacts together I get some clicks but nothing else. So I think my control board is working. But not sure.

So I tried to follow the diagram in the installation manual.... They mention two fuses, one for each motor, I honestly couldn't find either fuse.  ???

So I guess my question is does anyone have advice for what to try next?? 

Thank you for any input.

Admin

First I would verify if your HRV was recalled.  If the HRV was manufactured between 1991 - 2001 read this,
http://www.hvactechgroup.com/article.php/20070610193714726

If the HRV was manufactured between 2002 - 2009 read this,
http://www.hvactechgroup.com/article.php/20141125161949746

If the dampers aren't opening try pushing them open to see if they might be stuck.  Also spin the fan motor blower wheels to see if they are seized.

I attached a wiring diagram and marked the two motor fuses with red arrows.  The fuses are F1 and F2 and are listed as AGC 5A fuses.  Follow the wiring in the diagram and find the plastic fuse holder.  I attached a pic of the glass fuse I think is installed.

I would unplug the unit and disconnect the main control wires from the HRV and install a jumper between the B and G terminals on the HRV.  Plug the HRV in and see what happens.

If nothing runs it's unlikely both fans and dampers are bad and more likely you have a bad control board.

Habsfan1

I will try the jumper tomorrow. But I followed that diagram. The grey wire and I honestly didn't find a fuse. Just goes to the motors.

Habsfan1

So I placed jumpers across B and G terminal. Closed it up for a few minutes and nothing only a few clicks. Still believe that my unit has no fuses. I am an instrumentation tech so I am fairly used to control circuits and fuses and wiring so I will feel extremely dumb if I just can't find them.

Attached some photos. I followed the grey wire from terminal block J1. (Nine pin terminal, pointing to it with my meter lead) and it goes to both motors with no fuses on line.

So you think it's a board issue? If so where could I order one of these from??

Thanks

walker

can you hear the dampers trying to open up when you try to run it?  most of the issues ive found working on these, is the dampers get stuck and the motors arent strong enough to open them if they get a little schhticky.

Habsfan1

I can move the dampers fairly easy.

Correct me if I'm wrong would the fan motors run anyways??? I'm not an hvac guy.

I can spin both fan motors. One spins nicely the other spins easy but has a small noise of a bad bearing but not as bad as I've heard in other things.