A/C lineset

Started by Shane, May 01, 2017, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Hi Guys.

I went too quote a job today, The home owners want to replace there existing R22 A/C unit, Normally I would replace the line set but in this house the basement is finished and looks like it about 40ft in length. Is there a product out  there to flush the line set so I can re use it when I install the new R410A system? I'm just looking to see if anyone has suggestions before I tell them they have to put a bunch of holes in the ceiling. The current unit is still running so I'm not worried about a burnout

Cheers

Shane

Admin

Gasguy79

The rx flush works good with a good sweep of nitro also
But some manufactures won't honnor warranty if line set was not replaced so if it was me I'd push for new lineset some minor drywall repairs and a job done the right way

harshal

Sometimes it's not possible to re the lineset in the finished basement.i would use triple vacuum procedure in those cases.use nitrogen to flush the lineset. U want to remove the oil as much possible. R 22 system has less oil than 410a system.so you'd should be ok.

Porcupinepuffer

We've used some of these flush kit products in situations like this. It's basically like a brake cleaner that you force into the lines. You'll see it run out the other end and it takes any old leftover oil with it. Those units haven't had any issues. Blowing out with nitrogen and flushing a few more times may be necessary if you come across lines that are really oily.

Viperi

used it a few times. How i use it when the evap is lower then the condenser. cut the coil out and braze the liquid and suction together to make a loop.  go out side and pinch the liquid  and shoot alittle flush kit into the suction till it comes out the liquid.  nitrogen it.  then reverse the process with the suction.

this way the house dont stink..