AHRI Certificate

Started by walker, June 28, 2017, 10:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walker

Need some help with getting a AHRI Certificate.

I'm putting in a 16 SEER Payne A/C this weekend and I'm trying to get either the $250/$400 rebate for my customer.

He has an old mid furnace.

Can I obtain a 16 SEER without a ECM equipped furnace?

Condenser model is a: PA16NA03600G

I have a plenum that is 20" x 21" and would prefer a coil that fits in those dimensions.

I'm not really sure how to use the ahri directory tool properly.

walker

I would preferably want to match it up with this ADP coil
M/N: CDP36A20P
But when I search for coils I only get the 15" wide version showing up in the list of options CDP36A15P

walker

I suppose I could also use this Bryant/Payne Coil 4 ton coil CNPVU4821ALA.
If I leave the furnace field blank does it just give me options without taking in to account what furnace the A/C is paired with?

Admin

It looks like you need to use an Aspen coil.  Search this AHRI number, 8714722.

Installing that AC with the Aspen coil C(A,C,D,E)48D44+TDR will get you the 12.5EER 15SEER and qualify for the $400 rebate.

Without inputting an air handler or furnace equipped with ECM I don't think you can achieve 16SEER as a stand alone.

Keep in mind the current OPA rebates expire Friday June 30, then you have to take online training and achieve 13EER 18SEER to receive $600.

walker

Yeah I'm trying to push it through for rebate this weekend.

What about this coil CNPV*4821ALA ?

I didn't enter anything for furnace but the result list populates a bunch of Payne models such as PG96VA*60080C***, do O just ignore the furnace models that are showing up??

walker

Quote from: Admin on June 29, 2017, 07:50:03 AM
It looks like you need to use an Aspen coil.  Search this AHRI number, 8714722.

Installing that AC with the Aspen coil C(A,C,D,E)48D44+TDR will get you the 12.5EER 15SEER and qualify for the $400 rebate.

Without inputting an air handler or furnace equipped with ECM I don't think you can achieve 16SEER as a stand alone.

Keep in mind the current OPA rebates expire Friday June 30, then you have to take online training and achieve 13EER 18SEER to receive $600.

Do you know who carries that Aspen coil?  It doesn't look like like totaline carries that model.

Admin

walker

walker

Quote from: Admin on June 29, 2017, 09:57:58 AM
Goodman.

Are these model coils older models?,  th nomenclature of the models on the Aspen website are all different.

walker

Is this coil:
CA48D44-195L-000
The same as:
C(A,C,D,E)48D44+TDR
???

Admin

Yes sir.  The OPA will accept the claim even if the AHRI database says the matchup is discontinued.  They will also accept the AC model and serial numbers handwritten on the invoice, so write down the AC and coil numbers exactly how they appear on the AHRI database.

walker

Great, I'm gonna use that 4 ton Aspen, totaline has it in stock.  So basically as long as the first half of the model # is the same I can use that coil/condenser

Admin

walker

Great, thanks for all your help

walker

Quote from: Admin on June 29, 2017, 11:35:53 AM
10/4.

Hmm when I try to put in for the rebate it says: This Air Conditioner is not valid for an incentive

Admin

I checked on my OPA account and AHRI #8714722 was accepted for the $400 rebate.  See pic below.

walker

Nevermind I put in the certificate# and not the reference#

walker

On a side note, how the hell are we gonna achieve 18SEER going forward?  None of the suppliers I've been using even carry a unit above 16SEER, How big is the evap coil going to be to achieve that.

The only reason I'm going to continue participating is that they aren't charging us again to participate.

Admin

It's an online course to renew for the AC incentives.  Apparently you can just stay on for the furnace rebates and opt out of the AC rebates.

Lennox makes an SL18, XC20, XC21 and XC25.

http://www.lennox.com/products/heating-cooling/air-conditioners

It doesn't look like there's any coil and furnace matchups that will make the lower SEER models run at 18SEER.

walker

I don't think I can get my hands on Lennox, only Aire-Flo.  Anyways most of customers just want cheap anyways, so I'm not missing out on much.

I'm gonna do the online training tonight.  It doesn't cost anything so I might as well do it so I can still offer the rebate if I ever need too.

Admin

I got an email today about the online training.  I didn't realise it was free.  I wonder what these 18SEER units cost in comparison.  :-\

Goodman sells the DSXC18.  Amana the ASXC18 and AVXC20.  I forgot to mention the Lennox XC25 has solar panel hookups.  That must be an expensive system.

All of the Lennox and Goodman models I mentioned seem to only achieve 18SEER when matched up with an ECM furnace or air handler.

It's unfair now that if you quote an AC install on a brand X furnace, you may need to be a dealer to buy the matching equipment listed on the AHRI.

There should be a database that lists matchups using different manufacturers.  EG: Lennox ECM furnace and Goodman AC.

I doubt the $600 rebate will come close to the cost of upgrading to an 18SEER system.

bster352

You are over $2000 for a Rheem RA17 Seer condenser and $500 for the ADP H,RE47(6,9)36 + you need to change the furnace to a Rheem 97V060 for over $ 1750 so you are at $4250+ to get the 18SEER rating. This is only a 2T AC and 60MBH furnace so anything bigger and boom. A dealer gets a little better pricing than this but.....

walker

Who sells Rheem without being a Rheem dealer?

I'm trying to price out a 100,000BTU furnace with a 3.5TON A/C and achieve the 18SEER, but I can't find any matching systems using the AHRI directory of equipment I can get my hands on.

Admin

Boone plumbing sells Rheem.  It doesn't seem like Aire Flo and Payne can even achieve 18SEER.