• Honeywell RTH9580WF1013
  • Aprilair 884021B Humidifier control
  • Enviro Humidistat

Controlling the following equipement :

• Furnace
  • Heatpump
  • Aprilair Humidifier inline with my furnace
  • Environair air exchanger inline with my furnace

My question is, can I replace my 3 controls with only one digital control ?  I love my Honeywell but would love to get rid of the 2 other non digital ones.

Is Ecobee the answer ?

Admin

The Ecobee can control an HRV or humidifier, but not both.  The NEST can control a humidifier but not the HRV.

I have only used one control that will operate everything you listed.

Use the Honeywell Prestige 2.0 kit or Prestige IAQ kit to control everything.  You need the interface module and outdoor sensor to make this all work together.  You may also need the Redlink gateway to control the system remotely by computer or smart phone.

walker

Quote from: Admin on November 06, 2017, 09:38:21 AM
The Ecobee can control an HRV or humidifier, but not both.  The NEST can control a humidifier but not the HRV.

Use the Honeywell Prestige 2.0 kit or Prestige IAQ kit to control everything.  You need the interface module and outdoor sensor to make this all work together.  You may also need the Redlink gateway to control the system remotely by computer or smart phone.

I use the Honeywell Prestige IAQ kit at home at it can control everything.

I also happen to have a Redlink Gateway for sale.

BenCour

Hello,

Thanks to your help, I ended up buying the Honeywell ythx9421r5127ww prestige iaq redlink internet gateway thermostat kit.

One issue I'm currently facing is that when heating, it will always use the electrical furnace instead of the heat pump even when outside temp allows it.
I'm guessing that it's only a setting in the thermostat.  On my EIM, I have the furnace white wire connected on the AUX1 terminal.
I connected the orange wire to the O/B and I validated that it is going to the heat pump (Valve). Yellow connected to the Y (Heat pump compressor).

Should I set the thermostat to conventional heating or heat pump ?
Is it the stage that I need to play with ? I tried two stages but it didn't work

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Admin

What model of heat pump do you have?

You want to change ISU option 2000 to heat pump.

Change ISU option 2180 to electric forced air.

You can adjust options that let the electric furnace run with the heat pump if it takes to long to heat the home.  Otherwise the electric furnace should start when the heat pump enters the defrost mode.

david985

BenCour

Trane 13i for my heat pump.

I think I have it running properly now.

I have the Humidifier, Air Exchanger, and the two sensors left to configure!
It's progressing

Ben