Outdoor Gas Shut-Off

Started by walker, April 29, 2018, 04:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bster352

Quote from: walker on April 29, 2018, 04:17:43 PM
Anyone know if these are appoved for outdoor use?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.34-inch-full-port-forged-ball-natural-gas-shut-off-valve-175psi-max.1000652457.html

The 3.16 only means it is approved for natural gas. You will need to get the manufacturer spec sheet to verify it is ok to  use outside. TSSA likes the stainless looking valves and doesn't seem to question them lol.

Admin

Good to know. I was misinformed about the CSA 3.16 stamp.  I can't seem to find specs for that 3/4" Jag Plumbing valve sold at Home Depot.

The 1/2" version they sell does say,

Quote-20ºC to 65ºC (-4ºF to 149ºF). temperature range
Cast Brass with Rust Resistant Metal Handle with Grip

Ottawa's design temperature is -25C so I don't think that 3/4" valve would qualify.  Toronto's design temperature is -20C so it should be good there.

Most brass long handle valve specs I have seen have an outdoor temperature rating of -40C/F.

walker

Think I'll use the long handle ones just to play it safe.

bster352

I emailed and was told they are approved for indoor and outdoor. I got a spec sheet but there is no info other than the temp rating.

Admin

Are these the valves Home Depot sells?  The Home Depot site says the valves are made by JAG Plumbing Products in Ajax, Ontario.

Am I blind, I don't see temp rating on your attachment.

bster352

Quote from: Admin on May 15, 2018, 09:53:46 AM
Are these the valves Home Depot sells?  The Home Depot site says the valves are made by JAG Plumbing Products in Ajax, Ontario.

Here...

bster352

Quote from: Admin on May 15, 2018, 09:53:46 AM

Sorry, if you look on the handle you see Eastern Foundry & Fittings. That is who I emailed.