G. 3 Practical hand on challenge.

Started by Minh le, May 10, 2018, 08:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minh le

Hi admin and all team member . I need help on practical G3 . I fail hand on with tssa today. please help me with:

#OPERATION CATEGORY 1 NATURAL DRAFT SEQUENENCE AND COMPONENT.

#OPERATION CATEGORY 4 SEQUENCE AND COMPONENT.

#PIPE ZISE LMR 175 AND 75000 BTU ( IRON PIPE) 7 TO 14 IN WC. I UES TABLE A2 . 3/4 PIPE.

#PLEASE HELP ME WITH SEQUENCE PRESURE TEST, LEAK TEST AND PURGE BY CODD BOOK.

THANK ALLS.

Minh le

Hi admin and Walker. where are you? please help me with those question?

Porcupinepuffer

That really sucks. Is it likely because of a language barrier? Anways, you're right with the 3/4" pipe for table A.2.

For the purging requirements you'd fall under 6.23.1... You then have the choice of A or B. If choosing A for purging outdoors, you follow all the instructions located in clause 6.23.7

If choosing B, you could potentially have 2 options. You are then directed to 6.23.4 for one other possible scenario.

First, is an approved purge burner... If you go under the definition of "purge burner" it will tell you it's a device that continuously sparks to establish a flame while purging the gas and has a spark arrester".

In clause 6.23.4, they're basically saying an appliance that performs almost an identical function to the approved purge burner is also allowed... I do not believe a furnace ignition system is allowed. I believe they consider the design of a furnace as a combustion chamber... When they say a readily accessible burner, they mean something that's completely open that cannot build up a dangerous level of gas before exploding in your face. An example of a readily accessible burner would be a gas range, or a BBQ with the lid open.

For pressure test and leak tests you would go under 6.22... Right away 6.22.2 has an amendment on the pink pages for how it's to be done for Ontario (TSSA).

Make sure you understand the requirements of table 6.3

Also note that 6.22.3 and 6.22.4 has an amendment to the pink pages just like 6.22.2

You need to make sure you're aware that any shut off valves need to be approved for the pressures during a pressure test or they need to be removed and a cap installed in their place. You also need to be aware of the specific requirements of the gauge under 6.22.2 (b). Many techs don't use the gauge to the required specs of this clause and the TSSA guy may ask.

And does anyone know what they mean in 6.23.8?

chewy

I did a google search for you guys on this matter and this is what I came up with. Hope this helps.

When flaring is used to purge a piping or tubing system, an approved purge burner shall be used.

Gas flaring is a combustion device to burn associated, unwanted or excess gases and liquids released
during normal or unplanned over-pressuring operation in many industrial processes, such as oil-gas
extraction, refineries, chemical plants, coal industry and landfills.

Minh le

Porcupinepuffer and Chewy. i appreciated for your help. Inspector ask me purge category 4 appliance ( with thermocouple) i think it is continous pilot.