Need help bad, It's very very hot!!

Started by bpowell, July 19, 2007, 04:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpowell

I have a Carrier weather master 8000 model number 58zav115-22
and at 2 am last night my blower moter quite running. It's a split system and the condensing unit seems to be running ok, but no blower motor, I had a friend who said he works on A/C units look at it for me and he told me to replace the blower moter and capacitor and that would fix the problem, well it didn't. I would love any input anyone can give me on how I might be able to trouble shoot this problem.

thanks for your help

TECH X

Bypass the board. Probably a faulty relay. Just wire the fan motor to continuous power, and it will run non stop, but at least you'll have cooling.

Look at the wiring diagram, there should be a black high speed wire that connects the motor to the board, the board should say COOL where it connects. Take is off, then open the junction box inside the furnace where the 120V wire connects from the panel. Turn the breaker off first and verify there is no 120V. Tie into your black wires for 120V, assuming your polarity is correct.

bpowell

the blower motor fired right up when I jumped it.

So does that mean I need a new control board?

TECH X

That's right.

$248 USD - P/N 325878-751

http://shortyshvac.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=39

It's a newer revised board. It comes with the wiring harness' to adapt.

QuoteThis board will fit Bryant Models 359MA-F, 340MAV, 376CE, 350MG Carrier Models 58MX0-5, 58MCA0-6, 58ZAV, 58MX6. This board replaces part numbers: HK42FZ007, HK42FZ008, HK42FZ009 ,HK42FZ011, HK42FZ016

bpowell

awesome!! I really do appreciate the help!