Problem York gas hot air furnace

Started by cxf, October 26, 2018, 07:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cxf

Hi, first post here. I have a York hot air gas furnace. Was working fine until a couple of days ago when it would not provide heat. Upon inspection found that the igniter was working but was not getting any gas to ignite. I took a look at the control module(White-Rogers 50e47-843) that has a diagnostic led. In the diagnostics chart it lists various different flash/color codes for different problems as well as NO LIGHT SHOWING which is what mine had. According to the chart this means the module has internal fault. I purchased a new module and installed it and the new module also shows no light showing and now the igniter is not firing up either. I tried putting back the original that was in there and now the old one is not firing up the igniter either. I am out of ideas for the moment. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated. Thank you

Admin

Are you measuring 24V to the module's TH terminal on a call for heat?  Maybe one of the furnace safeties is open and not sending 24V to the module.

Previously, if the igniter was energizing but the gas valve was not opening, it could mean a bad gas valve or module.  Was this a direct replacement module?

NoDIY

tuff to diagnose over the net.. but judging from that module, im guessing an older york furnace?
Is the igniter by chance a coil(round) As those would get old they would glow but not ignite gas on call for heat. Do you hear a click from the gas valve and here gas flowing through the burner?

As ADMin said there could be other issues. best to call a hvac tech to check the system

Porcupinepuffer

You sure it's a hot air gas furnace and not a cold air gas furnace?