Lifebreath HRV Digital Control error.

Started by jonathanbutton, February 09, 2019, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathanbutton

I have a Lifebreath 205Max HRV with a 99-DXPL02 Digital Control. We are currently having -35 temperatures here in Alberta and the HRV was frosted up really bad. So I powered down the HRV for 24 hours, opened it up and let it defrost.  Once everything was melted, I closed it up and plugged it back in.

However the digital control is stuck on a funny screen with  1   3 on the top line in large numbers and then a number 4 with a bluetooth symbol in the bottom right off the digital control. The HRV appears to do a startup operation when I plug it back in, the digital control never returns to the normal operating screen. The red light on the HRV wiring block blinks for 1 second and then is off for about 5-6 seconds. Im not sure if this is some type of error code but the Lifebreath manual is not informative at all. Does anyone have any ideas what might be cause here? Is there some type of reset I can do on the digital control? If i go to a bathroom and click on a timer, the HRV does kick in and will operate for the appropriate time.

Admin

Are the main control wires still connected to the HRV terminals #1, #2 and #3?

Likely the problem is in the HRV if it iced up.  There could be moisture around the control board causing problems.  Try to get a hairdryer into the control board area.

Have you checked the defrost settings on the HRV?  Make sure the proper hoods are installed outside as well.  The exhaust vent should have flaps or a damper that close outside when the HRV is not running.  There's an optional spring loaded damper kit that can be installed at the HRV on the stale air to outside port to prevent cold air from entering the HRV through the exhaust vent.

jonathanbutton

Here is a photo of what the digital control displays.

Admin

Are the bathroom timers wireless?  Maybe you have to bring them down within 16" of the main control to pair them.

jonathanbutton

No they are wired . When I do hit the timer it does activate the HRV fans for the requested time.

Admin

Does holding the Power and Reset buttons together reset anything?

I would disconnect the main control wires at the HRV.  Then at the HRV install a wire between the #2 ON and #3 RED terminals.  Then install another wire between the #2 ON and #6 HI terminals.  If the HRV runs on high speed the problem is likely with the main control.  It may need to be replaced.

jonathanbutton

Holding power and reset togeather doesn't do anything. I'll try the wire connections suggested and see what happens. Thanks

jonathanbutton

I went ahead and followed the wiring directions which you mentioned. The HRV did run a startup operation where it tests all fan speeds. Once that was done, it did run on high speed which is what you said might likely happen. You mentioned that this would like mean a main control problem...I assume you mean the 99-DXPL02 Digital Control?

Admin

You could wire the main control at the HRV with a new piece of 3 wire to rule out a wiring problem.  Otherwise it looks like the main control is bad.

jonathanbutton

I spoke to a Lifebreath technical support agent today and they confirmed the error I am receiving is a main control malfunction. It cannot be fixed.  Thanks for your help.

Admin

softrockstar

Quote from: jonathanbutton on February 11, 2019, 02:01:57 PM
I spoke to a Lifebreath technical support agent today and they confirmed the error I am receiving is a main control malfunction. It cannot be fixed.  Thanks for your help.

Hello, I am also having issues with my control panel (I have the same one as yours).  Did Lifebreath replace yours or did you have to buy a new one out of pocket?