Water Cooled Condensers for commercial applications

Started by scarey8, June 03, 2010, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarey8

Just a quick question, I have a current air cooled compressor for a freezer drawer system in a restaurant that I am currently working with.  Efficiency and proper operation has always been an issue for this customer, apparently tech have been trying to fix this unit for the last 8 years without any real progress.  I was proposing to change the condenser coil from air cooled to a water cooled coaxial coil to take a few things out of the equation, one of the guys in my office had told me about 8 years ago there was a law passed that no new water cooled condensers can be installed with an exception to government buildings.  loop hole is that if you currently have a water cooled unit and a coax coil failure you may replace the coil with another coax, but you may no install a water cooled in place of a air cooled or install a new water cooled system.  anyone have any information????

Scarey

Admin

I've heard of condo boards banning them in residential, but I don't believe there is a provincial ban.  As long as you pay the water bill, I can't see the government stepping in.

I'm not to familiar with commercial, but I know unless the water cooled system is a closed loop it probably wouldn't be that more efficient that the air cooled system.

What's the problem anyway?  8 years seems like a long time to try to correct problems.