Need help identifying my air handler (added link to pictures)

Started by Pam, July 15, 2010, 12:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

Hello,

I would like some help identifying my high velocity air handler.  I have 3 air handlers and none of them have any markings whatsoever.  I took a picture of the air handler to a local plumbing supply house and I was told that the unit is not a Unico air handler.  

Here's the link to the air handler pictures ->> http://www.flickr.com/photos/52067550@N02/?saved=1

Thanks,

Pam

Admin

Sorry about upload folder being full, I made more room!

It doesn't look like there are any clues in those pictures.  The rating plate might be on the sides or back of the unit.  I've never seen that exact unit before myself.  It looks like a standard PSC motor air handler with heating and cooling coils.  Are you looking for parts?

There might be some more information on the back of the electrical panel door, the door with all the warning stickers.  Just turn the power off and use a 5/16" driver to remove the 2 screws and panel, and see if there's anything printed on the back of it.

Pam

Thanks for helping me.

1. I took the electrical panel door off and at the bottom there's a note that say's Model VB1-4860, but there isn't a manufacturer.
2. You had a good suggestion about the back of the unit.  I took a mirror so I could look behind the unit and at the bottom (of course)there is a sticker and it look like there's a model number on it.  I need to find a magnifying glass this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to read it.  Who puts sticker on the back of a unit in a knee wall - I digress.

W/ respect to your question, no, I'm not looking for parts.  I had Icynene sprayed and all of the wiring for the air conditioning was done, but I didn't have the condensers put in.  Now, I would like to have central air installed, but I wanted to know the capacity of the air handlers first so everything will match.  I'm just a homeowner so I really don't know if this is necessary.  If I can identify the air handler manufacturer, I also wanted to see if this vendor has recommendations for the condenser vendor / model.  I'm not sure if this matters, but since it's a high velocitiy system I just wanted to be sure everything would be ok.  There some new standards for AC - sorry I don't know the particulars.  I need to know if the air handlers will support that new R numbers.

Thanks again for your help!  I really appreciate it.

Pam

This is it!  You would not believe how much time I've invested trying to track down these air handlers.  My only regret is that I didn't know about this forum earlier.  Thank you so much.  I really appreciate it. 

Pam