Hussmann RLN glass door

Started by rmuntz, August 10, 2010, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmuntz

Has anyone taken apart a glass door on a hussmann freezer m#RLN-5. The door has an open anti-sweat heater. The door frame is accessible but I can't find any literature on the door itself. I know the old style Anthony doors are repairable but I'm wondering if these doors are just disposable. hmm. Looking at the door it's difficult to tell if the sections are able to be separared like the old ones. The freezer is only a couple of years old. ??

Admin

Is the RLN-5 unit using the Innovator or Innovator II doors?

Download the Hussmann RLN-5 Service Manual - Here

Take a look at pages 3-5.

rmuntz

Thanks, I already have that document downloaded. It shows the door frame assy but not the door which leads me to believe it is not repairable. when I have time I will call Hussmann and ask. Thanks again

rmuntz

just heard back from hussmann, doors are not repairable, must be replaced. customer is gonna love this.

jeffrtg

Quote from: rmuntz on August 10, 2010, 03:45:32 PM
Has anyone taken apart a glass door on a hussmann freezer m#RLN-5. The door has an open anti-sweat heater. The door frame is accessible but I can't find any literature on the door itself. I know the old style Anthony doors are repairable but I'm wondering if these doors are just disposable. hmm. Looking at the door it's difficult to tell if the sections are able to be separared like the old ones. The freezer is only a couple of years old. ??

These doors do not need their anti-sweat heaters.  My company retrofits these doors to eliminate the door heaters.  As you may already know, Hussmann makes a version of this door without a door heater as an option.
If you are replacing the door due to a broken heater, hold off.  Check out my website and let me know your thoughts.  Doors are about $1,000.00, and you can weasily retrofit it for a couple of hundred dollars!
Currently we are installing my product on many supermarket chains in the U.S. Europe and Mexico!
This is not a sales ploy, but a great opportunity to save your customer some money with added features.
www.resourcetechgroup.com

rmuntz

What a great idea, I'm sure this will catch on fast.
This door has already been replace, I believe it cost around $800 Canadian.
Is this something you have to install or do you sell kits for others to install. How are you handling marketing of this in the Canadian market, specifically Ontario.
You can contact me privately at villageair@sympatico.ca