L4064B Limit switch wiring

Started by awhelan, February 12, 2011, 10:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awhelan

I'm converting a wood electric combo to wood only for use in a garage. I'm using a new Honeywell L4064B1618 limit switch.

I have the fan connected and functioning on the fan side of the limit switch but i'm not sure on connecting the 24 transformer on the Limit side.

I've got a diagram showing the jumper removed and 120 volt fed to both sides and one with 120 fed to the fan side only.
If I remove the jumper will I still have 120 on the limit side to feed the transformer?

Admin

There are 3 ways you can wire that control.  See the attached diagram.  If you wire it like diagram B or C, then yes, you will have 120V to feed the transformer.  If you wire it like diagram A, you will have 24V from the limit side.

awhelan

Thanks for the quick reply
Thats the same diagram I've been studying, I pulled it from Honeywell's website.
After looking at it a bit more it seems that all 3 configurations would work for my purpose.

I'm leaning towards "B" or "C" as they will disconnect 120 from the transformer eliminating any chance of power being sent to the damper when the limit is reached. Am I correct in this assumption?

My only confusion now is that "B" and "C" are essentially the same thing? Isn't the function of the jumper to send 120 to the limit side? Why remove it and then wire 120 to the other side?
Or am I misunderstanding how the limit switch functions?

Admin

Diagram B would accomplish what you want.  Diagram C is showing how to wire the limit side for 120V if the jumper had been removed accidentally.

awhelan

Excellent I'll wire it according to "B" this afternoon!

Now if I can only remember not to leave the fan switched to manual for 4 days everything will be A-Ok!

I really appreciate the help!

Andy