How to match a Walk in Evap. base on compressor info?

Started by B18aboost, March 24, 2011, 09:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B18aboost

anyone know how to match walk in evap.? I am dealing with a water cool walk in freezer, restaurant went belly up and they try to take as many stuff out as they can and now new owner bought the unit and find out  evap unit is gone but the condenser unit is still there, so i have to find/match a new evap. all info i got from the compressor is Tecumseh AWA2460ZXD 6300btuh 404a 208v low temp compressor, so where do i begin to match the evap., any comment will be great.

Admin

I would contact Tecumseh

They sell evaporator units and could probably match something up.  There are alot of different styles of evaporator units.

You could probably also use a Russell evaporator unit.  Just take some measurements of the freezer and contact either company.

rmuntz

It would take more than this space to fully explain how to size refrigeration equipment. The easiest thing to do would be to take this info into the closest refrigeration wholesaler, they can determine the btu rating of that condensing unit at the operating conditions you are using and then select an evap coil to match it. Try to go when they aren't busy as most wholesalers now are understaffed and lacking in the customer service department.
Also, some suppliers, like Independent Supply have catalogues the have tables in the back for pipe sizing and quick selection tables to size equipment for walk-in boxes. These are handy resources.