Replace 2009 Carrier Infinity System

Started by stephanhart, April 27, 2024, 02:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanhart

I have a 15 year old Carrier Infinity Furnace/AC system (details listed below).  What system would you recommend I replace with? 

The AC unit is currently down; requires a new fan motor that will cost $1,600 to replace.  The furnace's induction motor is going back and will require a ~$2K replacement.  And the thermostat ($2K) really needs to be replaces as well.  With the age of my system and repairs needed, I figured it would end up being more cost effective to replace the whole thing.

Thanks for any recommendations you may have.

Current system installed 7/20/2009:
•   Furnace:
o   Carrier Infinity
o   Model: 58MVC100-F10120
o   Serial: 2709A02021
•   A/C:
o   Carrier Infinity
o   Model: 24ANA148A003
o   Serial: 2609E11482
o   Filter: 16x25x1
•   Coil:
o   Model: C60A210C526
o   Serial: S7109F26396

samihabib

My advice , get a Bosch IDS 2.0 heat pump ..1-3 ton or 3-5 ton and furnace ..best combination and most efficient 

Sergroum

I'm sorry.   Your thermostat costs 2k?

What the fuck kind of thermostat is that?

Byron

I would definitely recommend replacing the whole system, that model of furnace had really bad heat exchangers. Although in my opinion you're getting majorly soaked on the parts pricing (other than the inducer motor on the furnace they're extremely expensive) but the condenser fan and thermostat are insane. Even amazon sells the modern Infinity stat for $1100CDN

As far as what to get, that really is up to you, what you can get good parts and service availability near you is generally the best option, almost all brands are made by only 4-5 manufacturers so even though there appears to be lots of options they're really isn't