Author Topic: Can 313d mechanics work on residential fridges freezers etc  (Read 2531 times)

Offline mattmctree

• 313D Supporter
Can 313d mechanics work on residential fridges freezers etc
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
Hi,

I recently got my CofQ for 313d residential ac mechanic, the scope of the ticket is for single phase equipment below 240 volts and up to 5 tons, my question is am i licenced to work of residential refrigerators, freezers, wine coolers etc.
also im interested in rebuilding vintage refrigerators for a hobby, does anyone here have any tips , resources etc for doing so?

thanks again

Matt

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
Re: Can 313d mechanics work on residential fridges freezers etc
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »
According to Section 3 of Ontario Regulation 75/05 a 313D can only work on residential air conditioning systems.

(3)  A person who holds a certificate of qualification as a residential air conditioning systems mechanic, and any other person authorized under the Act to work as a residential air conditioning systems mechanic, may perform the functions described in subsection (1) only with respect to residential air conditioning systems that meet the following requirements:
1.The system shall be installed as an independent unit in a residential family dwelling.
2.The system shall operate at no more than 240 volts single-phase power with a maximum branch circuit capacity of 60 amps, a maximum cooling capacity of 60,000 British thermal units per hour and a saturated suction temperature above 2 degrees Celsius (35 degrees Fahrenheit) in the cooling cycle.  O. Reg. 75/05, s. 3 (3).

Offline mattmctree

• 313D Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 09:44:25 PM »
I was curious, as my teacher at mohawk college said that either 313 A or D were allowed to work on whitegoods. Where would I go to verify that he is correct? The ministry or training? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »
Try asking the MTCU, Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities or MOL, Ministry of Labor.

Offline mattmctree

• 313D Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
thanks. this forum is very helpful! i will let you know what i find out

Offline teeckg

• 313D Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 04:42:19 PM »
Have you got the result? Can a 313d work on refridge and freezer in small restaurant?

Offline Porcupinepuffer

• Pro Techâ„¢
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 08:33:17 AM »
The title and scope is quite self explanatory.

"air conditioning mechanic" vs "refrigeration mechanic".

When you're a 313D, you're an "air conditioning" mechanic... Freezers and refrigerators are not air conditioning equipment, they are refrigeration equipment.